Saturday, December 12, 2015

Intimacy and Fidelity in marriage

Sex is a normal and natural thing, especially in marriage. Two people can come together and truly get to know the other in the most intimate way possible.

It's a way for two people to connect, grow, love, and learn together, and should be a wonderful and sacred thing for the two of them to discover and experience together.

It is important to note that every relationship is different, and therefore, every sexual relationship will be different. There is no perfect system to it, and it is something that can be developed through honest communication between the couple.

Sometimes, as a Latter-day Saint, sex is a hard topic to discuss. It's usually brought up just to remind you that you need to wait until marriage, and it always seems to have a dirty or "bad" sense to it.... Then, you get married, and suddenly it's encouraged and supported. I can tell you first hand how confusing that can be...

When thinking about the way that the world views sex and intimacy, and then thinking about my future family, I know that I want to raise my family in a home where open communication is encouraged.

I don;t want the topic of sex or anything else to become a "taboo" subject that can only be talked about in low voices or in private. I want my children to be able to come to me with any questions they have, or any concerns about something in their lives. I want to be able to help them learn and grow, and not to feel awkward about bringing up a subject that could be considered sensitive or even controversial at times.

I know that I may have a different opinion than other people, but I strongly believe that this is an important thing to do to widen understanding, and do a lot of good in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment